If you are planning your evening and you think sex might be on the menu, you can enhance that romance with just the right music to suit the mood.
As follows are the Official Top 10 Best Songs for Passionate Sex. Feel free to test them out with a willing partner of whatever sex excites you. (It should go without saying that no one song alone should cover your evening’s interactions…but then again we have to tell people not to eat Tide Pods.)
10) Closer (Nine Inch Nails) – If there were an entry for Industrial Sex Song in the dictionary, Nine Inch Nail’s Closer would be it. For pure animalistic, rage sex that also brings you closer to God in some bizarre way, Closer is a good choice.
9) Crazy Bitch (Buckcherry) – Sometimes it’s not making love. Sometimes there’s no love involved at all. It is sex, and just sex. For that kind of exchange where aliases are the norm, Buckcherry’s Crazy Bitch is prime fuel for your engines. If you want to get nasty, this song will take you there.
8) Unskinny Bop (Poison) – Poision’s Bret Michaels wrote the song Unskinny Bop after walking in on guitarist C.C. DeVille engaged in a carnal exchange with a certain adult film star. And so master lyricist Michaels put a new term into the world. And gosh darn it, if C.C., Rikki Rockett, and Bobby Dall didn’t help Bret bring the song to life and make it to Number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. It is a grand and glorious song to grind to.
7) Chilly Whip (Vagabond Angels) – Taking its lead from Poison’s Unskinny Bop, Vagabond Angels’ Chilly Whip uses slang to slip sexual innuendo onto the radio. In doing so it pushed the term Chilly Whip even further into the American vernacular. It’s a fun and meaningless tune that provides a nice backdrop to the more meaningless exchanges of bodily fluids. If you haven’t heard it on the radio, get with it and start requesting it.
6) Living La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin) – Puerto Rican native Ricky Martin started his career as a member of the all boy pop group Menudo at the age of 12. As an adult, he had released several successful Spanish language albums when the label executives decided to see if they could cross him over to English speaking audiences. Living La Vida Loca was released on March 23, 1999. Written by Desmond Child and Draco Rosa, this funky upbeat Number 1 hit will give you a good workout in the bedroom (or kitchen if you prefer).
5) I’ll Make Love to You (Boyz II Men) – A 1994 Number 1 hit, I’ll Make Love to You from Boyz II Men stayed on the charts for 14 weeks. Pregnancy rates spiked. The song is written by Babyface and perfectly displays why Boyz II Men is the best of the boy bands on the 1990s. I’ll Make Love to You won the 1995 Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance for a Duo or Group.
4) Wicked Game (Chris Isaak) – Perhaps the best known of Chris Isaak’s hits, Wicked Game was featured on the 1989 album Heart Shaped World. When David Lynch used the song in his 1990 film Wild at Heart, it started getting radio airplay and ended up as a Top 10 hit by January 1991. The haunting melody and chilling falsetto make this a great song to explore each other to.
3) No Diggity (Blackstreet) – There are songs that just get your mojo going. Songs with a beat so strong even the palest of white people can keep in time. No Diggity is just such a song. It is a song that you must include on any soundtrack to a more tribal night of love. Appearing on the album Another Level by Blackstreet, the 1996 song hit Number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
2) Let’s Get it On (Marvin Gaye) – Released June 15, 1973, Let’s Get it On is hit single by soul singer Marvin Gaye that spent two weeks at the top of the Billboard Pop Singles chart. It was the biggest Motown release at the time, selling over 2 million copies in first six weeks of its release. If this song doesn’t get your partner in the mood, you have the wrong partner.
1) William Tell Overture (Gioachino Rossini) – A great choreographer feels the music. If you can choreograph your sexual impulses to match the ebb and flow of Rossini’s William Tell Overture in its entirety from the daintiness of its introduction to the driving passion of its climax, then you have reached grand master status. Your partner will appreciate your technique. But don’t just skip to the finale. That’s no fair. Nobody wins in a sprint. Wearing a Lone Ranger mask is optional.